10/10/2006

Intruder Kitties

Hi, I have to say, my Mommy worries about the Intruder Kitties. She puts special kitten food out many times a day and even bought a shelter with soft blankies for them to stay in until they are old enough to be caught. I does make me sad to think of them outside in the rain, but I worry that they will come into my house! My mommy said we can't have another kitty because of my FIV, and daddy allergies (my mommy says than she could talk him into it if it weren't for my FIV). I've started scratching the area around where my food is in the kitchen (I can see the visitors through the door) and that makes me feel better.... letting them know those bowls are mine.

Mommy loves them all and wants to find them a rescue place instead of a shelter. She volunteers at one (the Animal Friends Humane Society that is on my link list) and although the people there try so hard, the building is terribly outdated (54 years old and on a septic line) and so overcrowded. There is actually a levy that will be voted on next month to raise the money for a new shelter. Back to the kittens though, she wants them to have a chance to have the best life they can and a loving home like I have. Mom kitty too, although she is pretty wild (she is purty, black with green eyes). Mom wants to catch them soon because it is October and mean people hurt kitties, especially black kitties this time of year...Any suggestions for my mommy???

2 comments:

Emma's Kat said...

Mr. H's mom - The sooner you can catch them the better. The younger they are the easier to tame and settle in a home environment. And it might mean catching the babies and not the mom kitty. It's sad, but they will definately be better off. If the mom kitty is ferral, she may need special attention and socializing, so maybe it might be better to just spay her if possible and feed her outside. You should be able to get a trap from the Humane Society or animal control to borrow, right? It is so true that people tend to mistreat/hurt black kitties this time of the year, October. So sad people can do that. No heart, I guess. How old are the kittens? I assume they are over 6 weeks if they are eating kitten food well. Keep us updated! And come visit me at Kat's Cat! There are lots of ladies there who also love kitties and would be glad to offer advice as well!

Anonymous said...

we're gonna go tell KC - reeporter fur the Catblogosphere...