Thirteen things I'm thankful for this week:
1. I'm thankful that the VET gassed me at my appnt Monday so he could check me out really good, and Bendrix got to hang out with the pink hippos. I am sad Bendrix didn't get to scratch anyone tho.
2. I'm glad I'm not sneezing as much. Snot is not as much fun when you don't mean to snarf on stuff.
3. I'm glad I have my mommy and daddy who are spoiling me, and complimenting my handsomeness and braveness and smartness while I recover.
4. I'm glad for fans. It is so humid and hot here that the fans make me feel better all around even with the a/c.
5. I'm thankful that I felt well enough to bat around the cool glow ball that Queen Snickers and Empress sent me for a Swap N Tails gift.
6. I'm glad I felt well enough to watch the birdies out the window for a bit before napping again.
7. I'm glad for comfy napping spots while I recover, like the bed, sofa and soft carpets.
8. I'm glad I found a new way to keep mommy up at night. I'm not sleeping on the bed at night right now so mommy keeps getting up to check on me. It makes me laugh and humor is supposed to heal right?
9. I'm glad my litter box gets scooped every day since the "loose stool" started last night and I am a very tidy kitty.
10. I'm thankful mommy has a nice boss that let her stay home with me the last couple days (and leave early Monday) to take care of me.
11. I'm glad daddy takes time to lay on the floor with me and rub my shoulders while I get better and tells me what a good Mancat I am.
12. I'm glad I get extra stinky goodness to settle my tummy after getting the evil liquid anty-biotik shot down my throat!
13. I'm very very thankful to have such good blogging friends. I'm sure that all the positive purrs and prayers have made a big difference in my recovery. We will be around to thank all of you individually over the next few days.
Daddy and mommy are leaky that so many beans and fuzzies care about me. I hope to make a complete, no sneezing & wanting to play lots, recovery in a couple of days. Right now I get sleepy quick. Not lethargic, just sleepy.
I am being watched closely by my beans as I recover and am getting all my medicine no matter how much I fight. Yuck. My beans are planning on spending the whole weekend cuddling and lovin on my as much as I'll let them. I like the sound of that.
Maybe I'll even let them get some sleep. I haven't decided, but they are pretty tired cause of worrying about me.
I think I may telyport over to wish Samantha and the new Mancats, Sol, Smokey & BJ a happy birthday today since I'm feeling better.
I'm still spending lots of time sleeping, but perked up enough to do a "tail on fire" run around the house about an hour ago. I'm very glad mommy worked from home today cause I felt like snuggling.
Mommy is loving the fact I'm letting her scritch me and snuggle with me as much as she wants. Don't tell Bendrix, but so am I.
The loose stool still hasn't started, bummer, but maybe tomorrow. I haven't sneezed almost the whole day!! Not since very early this morning before the alarm went off. Good stuff huh?
It is all the purrs and prayers from my friends. Thank you so much. Even Bendrix is happy to see how many nice thoughts are coming our way.
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Mommy is working late tomorrrow and Friday all day, but daddy will be home early both days - but the weekend is mine, all mine!
Well, this is how I spend yesterday. Resting. I didn't even feel like jumping on the couch until after 4:00pm! Usually that is the only place I like to nap when mommy is home. I only sneezed a little yesterday afternoon, so resting and is helping. I didn't sleep with my beans last night and that kept mommy from sleeping good too cause she kept checking on me.
Mommy is working from home today and hopefully I'll perk up more. She also turned the air conditioner cooler today to make sure I'm not warm. I am eating OK today so that is good. No loose stool yet either, rats. Maybe later today.
I'm still not sleeping on the sofa, just the floor, but mommy says I look comfy and the fan blows on me so that may be why.
Thank you all for your good healing thoughts! I'm sure they are working. We love all our friends for caring!
Yesterday was terrible, just terrible. Mommy came home early from work and I thought "cool, someone to wait on me." Well, not long after that, I was snatched from my sofa slumber and shoved into my PTU.
See, I'd been sneezing since Sunday morning and rubbing my snout on stuff for a couple of days. I tried to tell mommy it was because she hasn't dusted in a squillion years, but she didn't buy it.
So we got to the VET and before I could do more than gouge mommy's wrist, I was stuffed into the "happy box" and gassed. When I woke up later I thought it was a bad dream except my spot #13 hurt and it felt like I had shots. That pissed my off but I was to tired to fight. Bendrix was still dreaming of skipping thru a field chasing butterflies with the pink hippos in tutus.
Turns out, I have a Resperatory Virus. It was caught early and isn't in my lungs.
Still, I'm on 20 days of anti-biotiks and will start an immune stimulator in a couple of weeks. The VET thinks with all the stress of July (daddy being gone, than mommy being gone, then mommy and daddy working lots) I got sick. With my FIV, that is not unusual.
Since I'll have an immune system stimulator now, hopefully that will help prevent me from getting sick from this type of stress again.
I'm taking it easy today. Mommy's VERY VERY nice boss called this morning cause she heard I was sick and told mommy to stay home with me. I'm still angry with her for taking me to the VET and shooting anti-biotiks down my throat last night, but maybe I'll let her love on me later. I'm glad she is here. She is scheduled to Work From Home tomorrow so I'll have her then too.
Any purrs you can send me would be appreciated.
The bright side is that the anti-biotik could cause my to have "loose stool." It will be fun to watch my beans clean that up! snigger
Guess what! I'm happier already cause Huffle Mawson gave me this:
Lets see, I'll pass this on to:
Pablo in Australia
The Cat Street Boyz Gang
Tyler at Tyler's Tattles
William of Mass Destruction
Sebastian & Yaffa Kitty
Mr. Echo & Tenny
Ana, Chica & Pumuckl tagged us for a Meme! Keep them in your purrs and prayers as they move to Germany. Wave to Dragonheart & Merlin for us when you get there!
So, here we go!:
Four jobs I’ve had
Alarm Clock - I help my beans get up and going on time
Interior Decorator - Carpets look better with snagging & doors look better "worn" with scratches.
Lundry Presser - I make sure the warm laundry gets pressed even before it is folded
When I was younger: Mouser, and I was good at it. - As a former feral (mommy found me down the street from our neighborhood on the side of the road in front of a farm)
Four movies I can watch over and over
Gone With the Wind
Four places I’ve lived
Outside maybe on the farm?
Inside with my beans!!
Four TV shows I love
Life (be sure to watch this on NBC when it comes back in the Fall - Fri. 10pm)
Four places I’ve vacationed
My life is one long vacation
Four of my favorite dishes
Science Diet TDs
Prescription Hill ID - crunchies
Four sites I visit daily
The Cat Blogosphere
My sweet lady cat
The Cincinnati Enquirer
Four places I would rather be right now
My sofa (mommy is on it and I don't like to share)
The big bed (it isn't made and I don't like lumps)
My window perch upstairs (it is to hot to be upstairs right now)
In the kitchen eating stinky goodness (mommy says it isn't "treat time")
Kitties I'm going to tag!
Snow, Fairy & Leo
Meep, Twizzler & Bear
Abby the Tabby
We promise to be around to visit you all in the next couple days now that my typist is feeling better and getting back to a regular work schedule.
PS I have to go to the VET this afternoon at 5:00pm. I have been sneezing a lot yesterday and today as well as rubbing my muzzle against stuff. Mommy is afraid I have a stuffy nose or something wrong with my gums. Cross your paws that I'm OK and that Bendrix doesn't hurt any of the VET techs.
Hey mommy, remember last week when you were eating chips with melty cheese, and you went to the bathroom and forgot to put the bowl of cheese on top of the TV where I'm NOT allowed? Then you came back and I was sitting next to a now empty bowl of melty cheese and you said "Did you eat my cheese?!?" and I said, "No mommy, I wouldn't do that."
Well I did.
On the bright side,eating cheese is better than cutting it! Get it? Cutting it? ha ha ha I crack myself up.
For now I will catch up on my sleep. The Steve Perry nightmares kept me up all night.
PS Bendrix and I are very cheezed off and sad about snarky remarks being made to Robyn, DKM, ML and Deb. Please don't do that, they work very hard and provide and important service for us with the Cat Blogosphere. Remember, before sending an unpleasent email, that we don't always know the entire story behind things and it is easy to misunderstand things in writing.
We want to thank them very much for all they do.
After rallying and doing well for the last week and a half, our buddy Mu Shue Pooh King Cat was helped to the Bridge yesterday. We will always have a place in our hearts for our beloved friend. He helped us see what a great place the blogosphere is. Our thoughts and prayers are with Mama Laura, the twins, Lilly Lu & Iris.
Mommy has been working like crazy to get our scrapbooks done. I say ours because I have my very own books. I have been helping her cause she doesn't feel good. A good Mancat always helps those in need and mommy is very needy right now. It has been so hot and humid, she can't work upstairs without sweating like crazy so the living room is full of scrapping stuff. That is the main reason we are working so hard on them.
Cross your paws that when mommy goes to the doctor tomorrow he'll be able to give her something to help her breathe again! She is working 6 days again week! yuck.
Daddy: Take the best Action & Superhero movies you've ever seen put together and then ADD The Godfather.
Mommy: Holy Sh*t! It was so good I forgot to breathe.
So, put on your shoes, stop reading this blog and GO SEE BATMAN NOW!!!!!
Two big happenings tonight! I'm so excited I got up where I am NOT allowed to discuss plans with mommy. As you all know, The Dark Knight opens! As a House Panther, I really like the name of this movie. I think I'll have mommy make me a cool cape to wear.
We are very excited to see it. What is that mommy? They don't let cats in the theater?!? That is descrimination against kitties! I won't stand for it! You'll sneak me in won't you?
Mommy: No sweetie I can't sneak you in. But, I have a very important job that only you can do.
Hendrix: What is that "job" mommy? And make it good.
Mommy: You need to stay here to make sure the season 3 premiere of Psych DVRs tonight! You know it is one of our favorite shows and we've waited months and months to see it.
Hendrix: Well, I wish I was going to the movie, but at least I'll get to watch the Psych episode before you will! I know that will bug you.
Mommy: You're totally right. I wish I could see it the second it starts. I promise to buy The Dark Knight on DVD for you as soon as it is out.
Hendrix: OK, I guess I won't leave a hairball on your bathmat if you'll buy the movie for me.
I'm sitting in my corner and I am trying to solve a konun-, conendrum, um, problem. How do I get my daddy out of bed? Don't get me wrong, I'm glad he is home, but when it was just mommy and me, I had lots more room. Lets see:
1. Have Bendrix poot in his face every hour
2. Put a cat hair right in his eye (daddy is allergik so my hairs in his eyes are very annoying)
3. Stick my nose up his nose like Max does...right after he falls asleep.
4. Sit on his head.
5. Sit on his chest with my nose in his face.
6. Walk across his "Mr. Winky" a couple of times. That'll get him sitting up.
7. Keep pouncing on the "bed mice" on his side. I do that anyway but now I'll step up my efforts.
8. Chew what is left of his hair. It bugged mommy that time!
9. When he is on his side play "King of the Bed" by walking up and down his side.
10. Repeatedly drop spitty wet soft bitey mice in his face.
11. Whap his alarm clock cord until it falls off the stand.
12. Meow loudly in his ear and then when he wakes up, pat his face with my paw.
13. Lay next to his head and "stretch" until I push it off the pillow.
The Akers Family gets to "Move That Bus" tomorrow! Cool!!! They are expecting between 7,000 and 10,000 people. Mommy has to work but is DVRing the news.
PS To all of you that suggested it, yes, I think Bendrix is getting a little full of himself. See, his is on the counter by the stove where we are NOT allowed. He tried to hide, but mommy still saw him.
Bendrix is very proud to have recieved a fabulous award from both HRH Yao-lin and The Cat's Realm. He is impossible to live with now. All I hear in my head is "I got tagged twice and you didn't nah nah nah nah nah." sigh.
The ‘Arte y Pico’ award" was created to be given to bloggers who inspire others with their creativity and their talents, also for contributing to the blogging world in whatever medium. When you receive this award it is considered a "special honor". Once you have received this award, you are to pass it on to 5 others.'
The rules for passing this honor on:
1) Pick 5 blogs that you would like to award this honor to.
2) Each award has to have the name of the author and also a link to his or her blog to be visited by everyone.
3) Each award winner has to show the award and put the name and link to the blog that has given her or him the award itself.
4) Award-winner and the one who has given the prize have to show the link of "Arte y Pico" blog, so everyone will know the origin of this award.
Bendrix would like to tag:
My twin William of Mass Destruction who is always creative
Kitten Willie Snapp who is very talented at mischievous
My sweet lady cat Brandi who always inspires us with her pretty furs and sweet personality
One of Bendrix's greatest inspirations Max the Psychokitty
and Victor Tabbycat whose beans are out of town. House Trashing anyone???
and Mr. Echo who inspired us with his Friday Confessions
and Moki's family who inspire us every day
I'm happy to say my daddy got home last night! I'm even happier to say he didn't forget his routine.
daddy comes in the door
he comes in the kitchen and i assume the position
i follow him to the fridge
then the counter
enjoying the stinky.
What my daddy didn't forget the 2+ weeks he was gone is that the kitty comes first. I got my stinky before mommy got her kiss! That is power folks.
The Akers family are more than deserving. The 2 daughters Brooke (7 yrs) & Faith (4 yrs) have spinal musculra atrophy. Their 10 year old son has Crohn's disease. They home they had before was 2 story and most areas were inaccessible to the girls.
The family applied to Extreme Makeover before but didn't hear back so local people and businesses begain a community effort to raise $300,000 ot build a new house. They had collected $54,000 when Extreme Makeover chose them. The show received over 25,000 letters - more than any other family is the show's history.
The family returns on Thursday to "Move That Bus!" and the show will air as the second in the fall season.
The pictures above were taken by mommy's friend Sat. Ty Pennington is in the green shirt. Mommy got to go last night. These are her pictures. See how much they've done!
I was confused at first cause I recognized that Bobcat as the one Sassy Cat sent me to help trash my house. It is nice it is used to build a house after trashing mine so well! That was a great party.
round the clock volunteers
And for your viewing pleasure, a picture of me helping mommy select a pen for scrapbooking. Yuuuuuuuuuuuumy
She says I'm her muse!
It was a squillion + 1 times worse than being sprayed with a water gun.
I groomed for like an hour and still have mommy snot cooties on me. *shudder* As much as I hate water, I feel like I need a bath. I am so disgusted.
Must groom more. Must groom more. Must groom more. Must groom more. Must groom more.
OK, still shaky but there is important news I need to share. There are BABY KITTEN SQUILLIONS FOR AUCTION AT Deb & ML's Auction site. All these proceeds benefit Georgia who desperately needs it for her surgery and recovery. Lets all go help out Smudge and Zoe's mommy who stepped in to save this sweet girl kitty.
I got mail! A great card from Skeezix and something special in the box.
Not that it matters that it is Friday, mommy is still all gross and sick. She got sick on the way home from VEGAS and at first we thought "rum & coke, wine and dacquories don't mix well" but now we know she is sick, and my snotty mommy keeps me from sleeping well. And to top it off, daddy won't be home Sat. like we thought. He won't be home until at least Tuesday! That sux.
We have tried to get to everyone who came to my House Trashing party but if I haven't yet, it isn't cause I didn't appreciate all the hard work! The clean up crew did a great job, and I'm glad we decided to leave some things (like the shrew on the ceiling - thanks Goldie) for mommy to find. Sick or not sick, she should be punished for leaving me!
Anyway, mommy finally FINALLY got me a cool hammock and I have hardly any pictures to show you. Not only that, it came while she was gone and I had to wait for her to open it! Stupid snot. Thanks to Dorf, Inspector 12 and the rest of the gang at Forty Paws!
We will be purring for Mu Shue, Mama Laura, Lilly Lu and Iris today. Our heroic friend will be very missed.
On this side:
- Our Black Cat's calendar and mommy's hot pepper apron (she is messy)
- Oue She Needs Her Fur HSUS page (so all company knows where we stand) and a wolf picture from the Defenders of Wildlife where mommy donates
- A Barbie magnet and a picture of my newest blurpy cousin Sophia
- 2 freedom isn't free magnets because their cars are covered, but mommy likes to help Veteran's groups that sell them at the grocery
- Mommy's July work schedule (she is the Marketing Manager for The Bird Garden - to see her
work, visit their website! She did all the copy and chose the pictures- she didn't do the graphic design). The July work schedule is held up by a magnet with the recipe for Ohio Buckeye Candy sent to us by Tiki & Riley for a Secret Paw!
-Directions for our alarm for when my grandbeans visit (no the code isn't on it so don't bother)
- 2 Happy Little Bunny Magnets. One saying it's "cute how stupid you are" and the other "It's all about me"
On the front:
- A pretty corkboard made by one of mommy's friends that she keeps important business cards on (one a home make woofie treat store and one for the A/C people)
- A busy as a bee post it pad, an angel pad mommy puts the groceries on magnets! a cute kitty one from Miz Allie Cat (by the busy bee), 2 goldens to represent her two rescued goldens who are at the bridge, a Scarlett & Rhett magnet and one from the salty dog cafe (why no kitty dog cafe??) a cool handmade metal woofie magnet and the matching kitty holding up the Ten Commandments of Pet Owners.
- There is a magnet that says "whoever said money can't buy happiness forgot about
puppies" (again, where's the kitty love???)
- There is a photo of our friend Mu Shue we've had since Feb. 2007 (see yesterday's post), a postcard from Riley & Tiki of the Ohio State Horseshoe held up by a magnet of Oreo and a
magnet from Meankitty.
- Gift cards to local stores and restaurants & Save the Date Cards for upcoming weddings they'd better not go out of town for- There is a photo of my beans and all my sticky little people cousins (note: no pictures of handsome ME!)- Lotsa cartoons. One from Speed Bump with an angel tossing a halo like a frisbee to a woofie, the caption reads "The reason God gives angel's halos". One from Mutts, a favorite in our house that shows a kitty using a "reacher" that disabled people use to grip stuff (mommy has one cause she is short) to knock a vase off the table and another Speed Bump
- Our dry erase board of important things to remember. Please note mommy needs to get flea treatment before August 1st (I get treated on the first of the month so they don't forget), daddy's VET appointment and something for mommy to remember pictures.
On the other side:
- A Happy Little Bunny magnet that says "Have a nice day you worthless turd"
- Emergency VET numbers, my VET number and office hours, blood donor info, lists of potential gift ideas for family and a big pack (in the silver clip magnet) of comics mommy won't throw away. Also drug & poison control and carbon monoxide numbers as well as a paper that "smells" like a leak.
I would like to tag:
Our new friend Gizmo. Don't forget to visit her bloggy for Bobtail and Manx kitties
Our old friend Max who we bet has great stuff on his fridge
and the gang, Meep, Twizzler and Bear!
Bendrix saw Chey's comment and because he really wants to stir up trouble and wants to see that fridge, he has TAGGED Chey for the cold box meme.
Skeezix's cool 4th of July card is on the piano where all my friends cards go (until I whap them off...)
Did anyone else watch Ghost Hunter's International last night??? We love Ghost Hunters the original and Ghost Hunter's International is soooooooooooo awesome too. The only downside is that Brian guy. He bugs us. At least once an episode he says "I swear to G*D I just heard/saw/felt something." Usually the only one who does of course.
We're glad the group includes Dustin now! We've always liked Donna too.
Any other Ghost Hunter fans? We like they go in to DEBUNK the hauntings. We believe in ghosts, but we don't think EVERYTHING people thinks are ghosts are.
Mommy sayz Jason, Grant & the Investigators on these shows have big, ahem, things I lost when I was nutered, to do what they do. These shows are a Wednesday night staple at our house.
Today this took on special meaning as Mama Laura is sending our friend over the Bridge. Mu Shue's picture will always hang on our fridge as a reminder of a heroic cat, and the generosity of the cat blogsophere who saved his life so he could save Lilly Lu & Iris from the fire.
Please send many purrs and prayers to Mu Shue's family.
We were tagged for the fridge Meme, but she has to get all the magnets that were whapped off put back on. snigger. She has no idea what happened and grandma ain't talkin. woo hoo!!!
On to the "tattling" part. Mommy is soooo not a pro at this blogger. She had a great post for me all set up for Independence Day and somehow screwed it up when she changed the post options or something. So, in honor of our nation's birthday...belated, as Derby put it (he saw it before mommy screwed it up) here is "Hendrix on Hendrix"
The Star Spangled Banner Lyrics
By Francis Scott Key 1814
Oh, say can you see by the dawn's early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight's last gleaming?
Whose broad stripes and bright stars thru the perilous fight,
O'er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly streaming?
And the rocket's red glare, the bombs bursting in air,
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh, say does that star-spangled banner yet wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave?
On the shore, dimly seen through the mists of the deep,
Where the foe's haughty host in dread silence reposes,
What is that which the breeze, o'er the towering steep,
As it fitfully blows, half conceals, half discloses?
Now it catches the gleam of the morning's first beam,
In full glory reflected now shines in the stream:
'Tis the star-spangled banner! Oh long may it wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
And where is that band who so vauntingly swore
That the havoc of war and the battle's confusion,
A home and a country should leave us no more!
Their blood has washed out their foul footsteps' pollution.
No refuge could save the hireling and slave
From the terror of flight, or the gloom of the grave:
And the star-spangled banner in triumph doth wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
Happy Birthday America!! I can celebrate Independence every day!!
Don't worry if you hear beans coming. My grandbeans will be in and out to make sure we have food, play time, chin scritches and clean litterbox. They agree to turn a blind eye to all that occurs here.
We have high ceilings to walk on, chandeliers to hang from and fans to spin from!
We've got curtains to shread and swing from!
We can swing from those curtains into tall bookshelves and bounce onto sofas.
Our cool paper towel roll is all set up for Faith Boo
Don't forget the blinds for whapping!
Goldie and Shade are going to bring some real live mousies too! I'll get the dehydrator ready so we can all take some home.
Lets not forget the FOUR catnip plants to share.
All I ask is that no one trash the basement/ "Man Cave" I'll have the pool balls out ready for a game, plenty of niptinis (and fresh milk for the kittens!!!) and a cool Cat Sitter Video on the 8 FOOT projector screen Those are the biggest birds you'll ever see doods.
I can't wait until my beans see what we're going to do to this place!