Here I am dressed up in my finest for the event.
Bendrix got into the spirit of things by dressing as the Mirror Episode kitty of me (which he really is...)
He can't wait for the reception! As soon as we figure out how to log in, we'll be there to celebrate with our friends.
Here are some pictures of how helpful a snoopervisor I am. On Monday, they painted the bedroom. Here I am helping mommy clear off the dresser (can you say "whap!")
Here I am deciding if I like it.
I decided to wait till the smell went away.
I now give it 4 paws up. Green looks good with my panther black furs. See the square glass case on the left? That is mommy's bridal bouquet! It has lavendar and white daisies in it along with peach sweetheart roses and delf- delfe- um blue flowers. It looks nice with the green. The flowers are archived behind UV glass! My grandma did that for her.
Well, after all that, I needed to help daddy relax.
Now for the bad news. Tomorrow I have to go to the VET to get ALL FOUR PAWS CLIPPED! Mommy and daddy have noticed that my back claws are getting awfully long and I do NOT let them trip those. It is enough I bite and scratch them over trimming the front paws, I won't tolerate more than that. So, now she's asked the VET to do it. Bendrix and I are sharpening our claws and teeths on the couches and toys laying around today. We'll be ready for those VET techs. I wonder if I'll be gassed. I wish I could poop at will like Max. That would be great.
The Unknown Soldier
There's a graveyard near the White House
Where the Unknown Soldier lies,
And the flowers there are sprinkled
With the tears from mother's eyes.
I stood there not so long ago
With roses for the brave,
And suddenly I heard a voice
Speak from out the grave:
~I am the Unknown Soldier,"
The spirit voice began,
"And I think I have the right
To ask some questions man to man.
"Are my buddies taken care of
Was their victory so sweet
Is that big reward you offered
Selling pencils on the street
"Did they really win the freedom
They battled to achieve
Do you still respect that Croix de Guerre
Above that empty sleeve
"Does a gold star in the window
Now mean anything at all
I wonder how my old girl feels
When she hears a bugle call.
"And that baby who sang
'Hello, Central, give me no man's land'
Can they replace her daddy
With a military band?
"I wonder if the profiteers
Have satisfied their greed
I wonder if a soldier's mother
Ever is in need7
"I wonder if the kings, who planned it all
Are really satished
They played their game of checkers
And eleven million died.
By: Billy Rose
To all those who have and are serving and those who gave their all. Thank you.
PS to my friends, we are still sending virtual hugs to all of you! mommy and daddy have been working lots and lots inside and out and we promise to catch up with you all soon. don't forget us!
We appreciate the animal blogosphere a lot. Take care all and we wish you lots of extra treats and lovin this weekend.
We are crying big tears over the loss of dear Bonnie. She leaves a big hole in the blogosphere.
Our hearts are with her family and Victor during this difficult time. Please keep them in your thoughts and prayers. (thank you Chase for this pretty photo)
There's many a bonnie lass in the Howe o Auchterless
There's many a bonnie lass in the Garioch
There's many a bonnie Jean in the streets of Aiberdeen
But the floower o' them aw lies in Fyvie-o
The Bonnie Lass o' Fyvie
The Viewing of The Bird
Bendrix and I are very concerned about our sick friends MuShue and Bonnie. MuShue has been a long time friend and is a heroic Mancat who saved his sister from the fire. Bonnie is a no nonsense lady cat who even made Bendrix watch his behavior at the party. Even mommy can't make him do that! You both need to get all better soon!!!
No, I will not jump for my blue fuzzy toy.
No, I will not jump for this mouse.
Try again tomorrow. Mommy and daddy tried valiently to get me to jump last night for my entry in Kimo & Sabi's Jump and Shout contest, but I was just not in the mood. Actually, all I wanted to do was eat treats and go to bed early! I'm feeling OK, just tired from all the running around my beans have been doing.
Although the daytime this weekend was pretty and sunny, the evenings and morning brought pouring rains and blowy winds. Daddy even needed an umbrella to go get the paper! House Panthers do NOT like getting wet and Mancats know we should be prepared for anything. So, here I am, ready for the flood!
UPDATE: Guess what!! Mommy finally checked email and comments and the great Zoolatry named ME (not Bendrix so there!) their Best In Show from May 17 - May 24!!! Mommy has been "under the weather" lately (I don't get it...the weather is outside) so she didn't even turn the computer on all weekend and I almost missed it!
Here are my badges and they are also proudly posted on the sidebar.
I'm so glad it is Finally Friday! It is supposed to rain most of the weekend which means my beans will not be outside without me all day like last Saturday. They'll have to stay inside petting me, feeding me, playing with me and leaving me alone (no flashy box!) while I nap. I like the sound of that.
I did hear a rumor that if it was raining, there may be some "painting" going on. Hmmm That sounds like it needs my snoopervisory skills if it happens.
Mr. Echo started a "Friday Confession" last week and Bendrix feels the need to unburdon himself. He sayz "Woman, Man, it isn't that I like to play at 3:00am, it is that I like to play with noisy toys that wake you up at 3:00am. There is a difference."
Well, I'd better get back to napping until my beans get home. I have to be able to stay up all night! We promise to get around to visiting again the next few days.
This is why I need THREE catnip plants. I did this to my beautiful nip on Wednesday. Luckily I have 2 more growing fine.
1. I make sure the couch is nice and tenderized by sinking my claws into it & kneading. I want it to be as soft as possible for the humans. Sure they don't sit on the back...but just in case...
2. I never let the woman be late for work. The man is on his own, but the woman feeds me my stinky goodness breakfast and I can't have that be late.
3. I make sure that the kitchen table is checked for bugs (and stray crumbs that might bring bugs) daily, even if it means I get squirted.
4. I keep the beans from eating to much junk food by sticking my head in the bag or snack bowl and licking the salt of the chips/pretzles and eating any cheezy snacks available.
5. I keep the man company when he works from home by walking across his keybord so the excel spreadsheet adds up funky numbers. hey man, just use ctrl Z. I make sure he always double checks his work.
6. I also make sure the beans gets their daily exercise by chasing me off the piano, entertainment center, kitchen table, mom's dresser and away from the back of the couch when I scratch. They need it.
7. I keep watch to make sure those evil squirrels don't come in the house to get the humans. I got a good thing here, I won't let any furry rat take over my domain.
8. I help Hendrix get stuff he didn't even know he wanted. Since I walked across the woman's craft table so much (to get to the window) he got a new window seat. I demanded so loudly, he got extra stinky yesterday. I ignored the scratching post in its new spot by the window so long, we got a window box next to it to help us jump up.
9. I keep the woman warm at night by laying RIGHT ON HER CHEST. The key to this is to lay just to the right or left so she has to hold me up with one arm. Since she can still breathe won't move and disturb me.
10. I make sure the plants in the house can stand up to anything. I chew them and whap them and dig in the dirt. These sturdy plants (mommy makes sure nothing inside is toxic) can stand up to any visiting sticky little bean if they can stand up to me!
Now you may ask, why did I do 10 instead of 7? Well, I like breaking the rules and I am VERY helpful.
Brandi, Sweet Lady Cat
Dante & Fagin (Captain Jack was already tagged)
Fat Cat Muffin
and Tyler at Tyler's Tattles
Fellow Mancat and Birthday Boy Rudy
Miz Allie Cat
Bonnie Underfoot (who scared Bendrix straight at Miles' party the other night! He loved it!)
- Today's Midnight Monday is all about...ME! Yup, I have been tagged for 2 Memes!
Moki tagged me for the "About Me," meme. Here are the rules:
The rules of the game get posted at the beginning. Each player answers the questions about themselves. At the end of the post,the player than tags 4 or 5 people and post their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment, letting them know that they have been tagged and asking them to read your blog. Let the person who tagged you know when you have posted your answer.
1.What was I doing 10 years ago? – Not borned yet (but I’m sure Bendrix was somehow causing chaos in the universe)
2.What are the 5 things on my to do list for today – Wake mommy up with my new trick “Poke you in the face with a closed paw until you get your butt up”, eat my stinky goodness for breakfast, keep an eye on those teasing squirrels (yeah, they think they’re so funny, just let them come in here…), nap, get scritches and playtime from my beans (yeah, that is 6, but Bendrix gives me one extra right?)
3. Snacks I enjoy – Stinky Goodness, Science Diet TDs, Dental Chews, Temptations
4. Things I would do if I were a billionaire – Make a “Best Friends Sanctuary” in the Midwest. Pay off mommy and daddy’s bills so they won’t have to work and they can stay home with me.
5. Three of my bad habits – Um, will mommy read this? I scratch the carpets (yup, all of them), get on the piano and the kitchen table.
6. Five places I have lived - Only 2 - in the wild, at my forever home.
7. Five jobs I have had – Professional carpet scratcher, Adorable Alarm Clock (see things to do), speed bump (on the rug that leads everywhere in the house), Cheezeit Cracker tester (and Goldfish Crackers…and Cheetos…)
I would like to tag the following kitties:
- Since they show up in my number 7, I'll tag new blogging friends Colby and Cheddar the Cheezits
-Fat Eric in England. I love learning more about him
-His Royal Highness Yao-lin, I can never learn enough about him!
-Derby the Sassy Cat - When he recovers from Miles' party!
-and the beautiful snowy white Princess
Please please please keep Moki's family in your purrs and thoughts. href="http://www.savemoki.blogspot.com">Sissy is very ill and may be helped to the Bridge today.
The lovely Tamra Maew and her boyfriend Prince Kavan tagged me for the three name meme!
In case you aren’t familiar with The Naming of Cats, in the Old Possum’s Book of Practical Cats, by T.S. Eliot, we all have three names! So, in this meme, you must link to the originator of the meme (Tara and Kavan), list the following rules, and then tell us:
1. The name that the family uses daily (such as Peter, Agustus, Alonzo, or James)
2. The name that is particular, a name thats peculiar, and more dignified (such as Munkustrap, Quaxo, or Coricopat)
3. What you are doing when you are thinking of the name that only you know, and will never confess (when engaged in rapt contemplation), that deep and inscrutable singular name
Then tag three cats to give their three names.
Here are my three names:
1. Hendrix (or Mr. Hendrix if I’m at the VET, or Mr. Hendrix the Kitty if I’m on CCSI 3!)
2. Mommy’s Handsome Fe-lion. (as in “Who is mommy’s handsome fe-lion? You are!)
3. Napping. I chase things and make my “killed the toy” noises in my sleep. Mommy wonders what I’m killing – and where.
I'd like to tag:
-Victor Tabbycat (I hope you didn't get in trouble over Bendrix's antics - Bonnie, you're a grat dancer!)
-Gretchen, I had so much fun with Mike, thanks for letting him visit
-Little Sassy Cat when she recovers from CCSI 3
Tune in tomorrow when Bendrix does his Meme that Ivy tagged him for. He is going to tell us why he is useful!
I got you these flowers, I know daisy's (Daisy and Pixie too!) are your favorite - and I promise not to eat them.
(I won't mention he slept in because of the niptinis at Miles' birthday party - and Victor's House Tras- Um, calm gathering of friends)
I'll even snuggle on your lap while we watch the exciting conclusion of CCSI 3, the Missing Mummy Caper!
Happy Mother's Day to ALL the Mommy's of all kinds out there.
We also got up on all the places we can't when mommy is home!
Today we're going to hang out in the open windows keeping an eye on Homer the Groundhog.
thanks Sassy for the great group shot!
I will miss Mike when he heads back to Gretchen tomorrow. I hope he'll stay long enough to watch part of CCSI 3: The Missing Mummy Caper with me!
thanks Karl for this poster
Don't forget to visit The Cat Realm for behind the scenes footage of the cast, well, having a little fun. Bendrix makes an appearance!! For a small donation, you can see what he is up to.
In honor of Mike's visit, mommy brought 2 of my catnip plants in to share!
We didn't even have to share! nom nom nom whoooo
Purple haze all in my brain
Lately things just don't seem the same
Actin' funny, but I don't know why
'Scuse me while I kiss the sky
We've been hearing about this great Butterfly Show at the Krohn Conservitory. Hundreds of butterflies, hundreds of flowers and plants all in one spot. Bendrix was reeeeeeeeeealy excited. So, Mike, Bendrix and I headed down there.
It was so neat! There were butterflies fluttering everywhere. The beans at the doors put a fair-mone on the bean's hands as they walked in so the butterflies would land on them. Lets just say...we didn't need them. Notice there are no butterflies fluttering in this shot...
Bendrix sayz "No way we're comin down coppers! We're cats, we like heights! You come up here" We almost got arrested, but they lured us down with catnip and let us party on...
Hendrix and Mike doin the polka
Hendrix and Mike recovering from a 10 hour stay at the Hofbrau House.