There are a number of kitties and woofies whose mommies are expecting blurpy things. I thoughts I'd compile a short, but helpful, list of what I've learned. Please feel free to add any of your thoughts and/or anything you've learned to my comments.
Thirteen Things I’ve learned about Pregnant Mommies
1. Keep them fed. If they get hungry, they get cranky.
2. Keep them cool, or warm. If they get to cold, or to hot, they get cranky
3. They get swollen feet and ankles. Do not laugh at this, it makes them cranky
4. They have to pee a lot so they don’t get a lot of sleep, don’t walk across their bladder, this makes them cranky
5. They tend to get a bit “larger” but not necessarily softer. Do not try to “fluff” them when you’re getting comfy in bed, this makes them cranky
6. They get a bit, ahem, gassy toward the end. Do NOT sleep by this area. That will make YOU cranky.
7. They cannot drink booze. This makes them cranky, especially when everyone else around them is enjoying a cold one.
8. They have a lot of things they “want” to do but are to “tired” to do, this makes them cranky.
9. The impending blurpy thing kicks them from the inside, especially in the ribs. This makes them cranky.
10. They can’t seem to remember even the smallest thing (like my Sunday catnip fix). This makes them cranky.
11. Since they are tired, hungry, heavy and can’t remember stuff, it does NOT help to be demanding. It only makes them cranky.
12. They cannot eat a lot at one time because the blurpy thing makes their tummy curve funny, this can cause acid reflux and lotsa “not kitty friendly leftovers”. This makes them cranky…especially when a yummy yummy Chipotle burrito is involved.
13. Keep them FED! A hungry pregnant woman is scary thing. I can NOT stress enough the importance of keeping them FED.
What does NOT make them cranky? A warm, purring kitty…as long as it isn’t on their lap when they have to get up 5 times to pee, or walking on their “girly chests”, or get between them and the fridge.
I have also learned that us kitties get more leeway than the daddies. After all, it is all their fault.
Sorry sorry sorry we've been bad bloggers lately. Mommy and daddy painted and decorated the nursery and also "clutter cleared" the house for this weekend's garage sale. It was in the 80s with high humidity so mommy spend her "down time" resting (and whining shhhhhhhhh don't tell her I said that!)
Since she can't put the laptop on her lap and spends a lot of time with her Jabba the Hut feet propped up, we can't visit much, but we are thinking of you all and missing you!