We're late but we're going to leave this post up for Monday so it gets lotsa good purrs going.
We are purring and purring for Herman and mommy Karen Jo. Herman has FIV like me, but unfortunately Herman also has FLV. He had a rough time until his mommy Karen Jo adopted him and gave him a forever home.
With her love, he discovered snuggles, special treats & toys and play time. We have always loved Karen Jo for the thoughtful limmericks she has done for so many of us. Since she adopted Herman, we love her even more.
Adopting a special needs kitty, especially for your first, is a difficult and loving decision. It is hard to give your heart to a furry kid knowing you might not have them long, but Karen Jo was so unselfish she did just that. She took in Herman and is giving him the best forever home she can.
Now Herman is not doing well and he and Karen Jo need some comforting purrs. We are sending them to him and Karen Jo by the bucketful.
Herman was kind enough to pass along this Beautiful Blogger Award to me and I am honored to receive it. I would like to pass this on to anyone who leaves a special comment for Herman AND one other kitty/bean on the purrs and prayers list.
I'm supposed to tell everyone 7 new things about me. Most of you know me pretty well by now, so I think I'll borrow Herman's idea and tell you 6 things I've done in the past week and 1 new thing about me.
1. I did not scratch or bite Joel when his fat little hand got away from mommy's grip and hit me in the neck. Yes kitties, I got a biiiiiiiiiig plate of stinky and lots of "good Hendrix, you are the best kitty in the world" because of that.
2. Jumped up on the dining room table with its new, and slippery-er table cloth and did some accidental base jumping off the side.
3. Puked up a nasty wet hairball with a big crusty hairknot center just as mommy was finally packed up and walking out the door to Joel's sitter to go to work. Timing is everything.
4. Did not warn mommy about the totally giant bug (seriously, I think I saw fangs) that was on the ceiling above her head while she put her make up on and then stretched out on the bed and enjoyed the show when she saw it. I don't think a Swiff*er duster is supposed to be swung around like that but hey, it did the job. She left the carcuss for daddy to clean up when he got home.
5. Actually "marked" that stinky boy as mine. I rubbed all over him with my head (mommy had him contained - the situation in #1 was a sneak attack by the stinker). Now he belongs to me and must do what I say when I say it.
6. Enjoyed a whole day with mommy in bed with NO baby around. Stinky boy went to the sitter's. Mommy got her back shots Friday, so doctor's orders, bed rest. I got to enjoy open windows, quiet time, Psych on DVD and lots and lots of scritches. Then sitnky boy came home and mommy still stayed in bed with me!!
7. I've discovered more white furs. I blame Joel #2 aka stinky boy aka blurpy boy aka "that thing" (as in "get that thing away from me") aka Munchasaurus Rex aka the shrieker (perhaps that should mean is nickname is "Cel*ine Dion"?). Kids turn their parent's furs grey, I can see now it affects older siblings too. I guess it is time for N#ce and Easy. That is my style.
PURRS 4 HERMAN Post
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats on your beautiful award...and thanks for participating in Purrs4Herman, you are never to late to send loving purrs!
Congrats on your award. I'm purring for Herman.
::Shudders:: It had fangs...
We are purring for Herman, too. Love hearing the things you did this week!
Congratulations on your award. We have been purring hard for Herman!
I've been sending SibeVibes and doing the paws khrossed fur Herman and his mom for some time now -
KhonKhats on your award -
Excellent items woo akhkhomplished!
Just imagine the exciting ones woo khould have added with me around to help!
You MARKED him! Wow. Wow.
Props on the hairball, dude. And on making friends with Number 2! :)
PURRRRRRRS for Herman.
oooh, we had visions of the "other" kind of marking! we're glad it was the cheek gland rub. Whew!
Is it time for the "Just for Men" comb-in fur color?
We are purring for Herman!
xx lounge kats
ConCats on your award. We loved learning some more about you! We have been purraying super hard for Herman.
We're purring for Herman too! And we like that you have made #2 all yours!!
Loved your list! And it could be worse...#2 could shriek like Mariah Carey and dogs would be flinging themselves at your doors and windows!
Post a Comment