Tip Tuesday

I wanted to list this tip to keep us safe, but please see my Eddie memorial as the most important.

We kitties have lotsa soft fur and we can jump high and love to explore. Now although we are very agile and usually don't knock things over, we do sometimes make a misstep. A lot of us also have long, long tails. Because of this, our very responsible beans don't light their pretty decorative candles to keep us safe. KC reminded us of this danger in her post about the poor woman in Houston who, as many of our beans would, tragically passed away in a fire caused by a tipped candle while rescuing her kitties.
Not only could kitties knock over a candle, but sometimes beans are tired and forgetful and they don't blow out the flaming candles before they leave the room or go to bed at night. this is very dangerous. Mommy thought it was sad she couldn't light her pretty candles like these:

Well, a couple of years ago, my mommy discovered these really neat substitutes!

As you can see, they work really well! This is the "fish bowl" in the cat figure in a pitch dark bathroom.

Since mommy bought these in early 2005, there have been lotsa different types, and even colors! She buys hers at Michaels Arts & Crafts.


Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Thanks for the tip Hendrix! Those candle substitutes look very cool. :)

Daisy said...

We have something similar, they are great! Also, we sometimes use a candle warmer which does not use any flame either. Very good tip!

INAMINI said...

Mr. Hendrix, again another good lesson learned from you. Thanks!


We agrees wif you Mr. Hendrix. We have been using flameless candles fur a long while. When we had them bad hurry-cames come frew Momma bought battery powered lanterns instead of candles cuz she was worried bout us. No more lit candles fur us. A'cept sometimes she does put em all behind da fire box and light them juss fur the purrty glow.


Kimo and Sabi said...

That is furry good advice! We will have to show Mommakitty this. She said one of her former kities singed his whiskers in a candle flame one time! She only uses candles now that she can put WAY up high where we can't reach.

DK & The Fluffies said...

I'm going to have DKM get me some of those!

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

o, Mr. Hendrix, that is a furry good tip.

candles be furry dangerous and they do gets wax effurrywheres.

Hot(M)BC said...

Good deal Hendrix. I'll tell Mom about those.
your bud Pepi

Anonymous said...

those is furry purrty an a grate idea. our Lady had a squillion candles, but wen we moved in, they moved ta storige. she duzzn't effun want 'em in the howse just in case one of the teenagers lited one anyway. teenagers duzzn't alwayz think "what if".

Forty Paws said...

Hi Mr. Hendrix!!

Akshually, owr pigs liveded bowt normal fur gurls. Dey kin lif to bowt 8, but most of dem git da ovarian cysts which duz em in.

Maw & Paw ate bedder when dey wuz heer cuz ov all da fruits and beggies dey kept on hand.....

Luf, Us