Hi! There are some things I do that mommy and daddy find "quarky." Here are 13 of them.
1. I want my stinky goodness plate placed right in front of me. I don't want to have to move even a couple inches to it. I want it brought to me.
2. I rub mommy's face with mine - only at night when no one can see me lovin.
3. I like to lay under the drying rack even if nothing is on it. They think I'm hoping for some laundry to hide under.
4. I love love love the nip. If I'm in the other room and hear "my" cabinet door open (where all my kitty stuff is - including the nip) I run run run as fast as I can to beg for some.
5. I eat an entire catnip plant at one time. My personal record is 25 minutes. Mommy has taken to putting them up or outside and alternating them to give 2 a chance to grow back.
6. I like things on surfaces closed (not closets and cabinets and stuff tho). I like jewelry boxes, make up cases, poker chip containers, cooler lids closed. I butt with my head until they close. Then I'm happy. Oftentimes I'll even sit on the item to savor my victory.
7. I don't know how to bat toys myself. If they are already moving I chase them and pounce, but if my ball is laying there, I cry until someone makes it move. My beans think it is because I didn't have toys for the first couple years of my life.
8. I am beyond crazed at the VET. I actually draw blood most times and mommy often has to cover her ears because even when I'm in the back, everyone can hear my screeching and snarling. She feels terrible, but always tells me I'm a brave boy to fight so hard against so many VET tech beans.
9. I don't mind my collar. No matter if they are putting it on or taking it off for a flea treatment, I don't care. I think it makes me look good.
10. Even tho I get my ears cleaned every week, I am just awful about it. I cry, wiggle and even try to scratch and I'm ashamed to admit, bite (only sometimes). They think I'd get used to it cause it doesn't last long, it happens every week and I get treats afterwards, but I don't.
11. I do no like to be brushed even a little. If I see the brush come out, I hide. I think I do my hair just fine and I get laxitone every other day to, you know, keep "things" moving, so if I swallow hair, no biggie. As for me being hot, crank up the air conditioning, no brushing required!
12. I will only lay on mommy's lap on the sofa if she is laying down. If she is sitting, I won't even lay next to her.
13. Because mommy leaves the TV on when she goes to work, the channel I watch has 4 episodes of Little House on the Prairie every day. This means that if I hear that theme song on the weekend (mommy has some DVDs) I jump on the couch and fall asleep. It is like a switch.
Please keep Buzzerbee & Meep's family in your prayers. They have made the loving decision to help Buzzerbee cross the Bridge tomorrow at 9:30am.
Lets call #14 I can't read the date! My beans are so busy I get confused. I'll post my Wordless Wednesday tomorrow! ha ha ha
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Mr. Hendrix, Can you spell "spoiled"???? It sounds like you have your mommie and daddie very well trained.
Oh well, Wenzday, Thorsday...it's all da same to us. Yoo sher did trane yoor beans good! Sadie duz da same wif da toys, eether mom, dad or mostly me, hafta move dem fur her~Speedy
Mr. Hendrix those aren't "quarky" things - they are perfectly acceptable cat like behaviours, yes some are a little odd, but definately not "quarky" ha,ha,ha
You have done a very good job of training your beans to do as you bid!
I think the "quarkiest" thing is that you don't know what day it is - your beans should buy you a calendar : )
Mr. Hendrix, you are a very interesting guy! I am pretty sure #8 is Bendrix's fault.
Do not be ashamed about giving the bitey when you get your ears cleaned. It is only natural.
Mr Hendrix you are an honest and sweet cat ~ all your acts are totally cool and definitely not quarky :)
ha ha ha I love the idea of the Little house on the prarie being a switch for you to sleep! That is sooo funnY!!!! I think you are a little more Bendrix and a little less hendrix than you think, you know! You are way spoiled little cat xxx and that is something coming from me! ha ha good work! xx
Dose are some interesting "quarks" and it was nice to learn stuff about you. We believe it is up to your beans to know the day of the week, so it's their fault that you posted Thursday 13 on Wednesday.
Oh I enjoyed this list very much. I am so glad you were found and brought home.
I think you are a wonderful kitty :-)
Happy day Mr. Hendrix
I don't have a care about my collar either way. You are one cool cat for sure. :)
Oooooh, that was interesting to learn so much about you! I am esp intrigued by you making mommy and daddy place your food in front of you, and that you never go to your food. What's your secret in making them do that? It never seems to work for me!
That's really interesting about Little House on the Prairie. I've never heard of a cat doing that before.
That was a very interesting TT even if it was early. That's funny that you like to close things. I like to open them!
Thank you Mr Hendrix! I feel better now!
Mr Hendrix....you need to let mommy clean your ears and brush you. This is her way of keeping you healthy and handsome:))
Some girlcat will be glad for this someday:)
You are a wonderful kitty...I love that you watch Little House!!
I am very sad about Buzzerbee...I will keep him in my heart today and remain reflective...
Hugs and purrrrrs
I love my collar too! You aren't Quarky! We are very sad about Buzz - lots of leaky eyes today.
We hate our ears cleaned too. You need a cat playmate to teach you how to bat around toys.
Mr. Hendrix, you sound perfectly normal to us. Your beans are very well trained and since we came on Thursday, if you wouldn't have said anything, we would never have known.
Your FL furiends,
Samantha & Tigger
Mr. Hendrix are you so spoiled that you don't have any more room for more kitty goodies? If you like kitty crack, or might want a chance to win a catnip lounger- ask your mom to check out our contest for bloggers at www.felinexpress.com
In the meantime, here's to more spoils in your future!
that list was great. we were giggling. the Lady says the thing about the lids is a little OCD, but she admires you for it and she would do the exact same thing (except maybe not the part about sitting on the stuff)
My cats don't like the vet either ! On tuesday I went with Arthur for his still down hanging tail and he sang in the car that it hurt my ears and at the vet he hissed and growled but the good news were, his tail doesn't have to be cut off. So I was very happy.
Little house on the prarie? Oh my gosh that is funny. I think you go to sleep so that you don't have to listen to that horrid little neighbour girl screech. You know the one with the super blond ringlets with ribbons in them. My mummie can't remember her name.
I liked readin' your list! I'm sorry you get skeered at the vet. The vet's is kind of a skeery place, isn't it? And about catnip, you sound like my sistur Marilyn! She loves it and she's so funny on it cuz usually she's real calm and sedate but the nip makes her just plain goofy.
Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!
Post a Comment