3/30/2009

Midnight Monday, Breakfast Edition

I had a number of kitties ask me how I managed to get breakfast in bed. BTW, it was a total of 4 days in a row!! The weekend got all screwy and this morning there was a squirrel on the deck rail so I got up earlier than mommy today.



It started one cold winter morning last year. Our bedroom has a big window, an attic and 2 outside walls so it is coooooooold. Mommy noticed I hadn't followed her to the kitchen for my breakfast stinky goodness. When she saw I was still all tucked into bed and looking so cozy and warm, she went back to the kitchen and brought me a plate to bed.

Being a smart House Panther, I noticed on the days I don't follow her into the kitchen, and stay all curled up in the covers, regardless of the weather, mommy will bring me breakfast in bed! Important note about looking comfortable. It is not just important to look cozy (after all, if you look to cozy your bean may not want to "disturb" you with breakfast). It is important to look a little hungry and pitiful that you aren't eating....



Remember, hungry, pitiful and cozy =



Stinky goodness in bed!

It is hard to tell cause everything is still out of order (we don't know why), but mommy worked for hours updating our blogrolling list. She still has more to do, including emailing them to find out why even tho on the "edit" list things are in alphabetical order, they don't show up that way, but she actually buckled down and worked on it! I was almost proud of her...

24 comments:

Purrageous Pirates said...

We never get breakfast in bed but Samwise gets dinner in bed a lot if Mommy is laying down after work. Sam is a bit spoiled.

Mommy says to tell your Mommy to check her email, NOW!! It's news and it's big!!!

Angel, Kirby and Max said...

We are always up before Mom or Dad! Angel goes to bed before any one. You look so comfortable eating breakfast in bed!

Laila and Angel Minchie said...

Hungry, pitiful and cozy. Got it! We'll give it a try.

We have found that when we want to put more than one picture in a post, we have to put the last one in first and the first one we want to appear in last. Go figure!

NAK and The Residents of The Khottage Now With KhattleDog! said...

It is lots of fun to train hoooomans!

Hugz&Khysses,
Khyra

Clover said...

Hi Hendrix!
You have got that look down!! Great work on getting breakfast in bed!
My blog is gone for now, but I will be back soon. I will come by and let you know where to find me.
Love Clover xo
P.S. I tried to peemail you on Friday, I hope you got it!

Cliff and Olivia said...

That is so clever. We'll be trying that very soon.

Max said...

Oh, man that would never happen here! I always have to get the Woman out of bed in the morning. If I waited to see if I could have breakfast in bed, it would be dinner time before she got up!

meemsnyc said...

Breakfast in bed!! What a great idea! We will try that too!

The Creek Cats said...

You are the cleverest of the clever, Mr. Hendrix!! Maggie May has totally mastered the look to get breakfast in bed.

My Littel Island said...

u got it down paked lol cute

Goldie, Shade and Banshee said...

I bow in the presence of the master.

Humbly,
Goldie

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Wow! Thanks Mr. Hendrix! I will have to try that. You are a very clever house panther!

Misha said...

Wow! Room service! You have your Mummy well trained.

The Island Cats said...

Thanks for those tips on how to get breakfast in bed...we're gonna hafta try that!

Sunny's Mommy said...

Four days in a row? I'm impressed. Hendrix, you really know how to work your Mommy ;-)

Pinky Ash and Boo said...

That is some very good advice. We are learning a lot from the Cat Bloggers.

Just Ducky said...

You are lucky, mum would never serve me breakfast in bed.

SophieKitty said...

I'm tryin' that tomorrow.

michico*Adan*Lego-小芥*阿丹*樂高 said...

Wowww....
Breakfast on the bed,
this is very very high quality service I think~

The Florida Furkids said...

That's a great idea! We're going to try it!

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Tuck said...

Breakfast in bed?!? That sounds amazing! I wanna come stay at your house!

Quill and Greyson said...

Mr Hendrix you are a hero among cats!

Teddy Westlife said...

The list looks alphabetical to me but I'm not on it :(

I wish I could get breakfast in bed.

Huffle Mawson

Poppy Q said...

Wow you are one lucky cat. I only gets cold water bought to me, if it is the middle of summer and I am outside in the garden. I must plan to train my mum better.