11/16/2006

Formerly Feral Friday (on a Thursday night!)



Hi! For my formerly feral Friday, I'd like to introduce you to KeKee, one of 2 new rescued kitties in my extended family.

A couple of months ago, my mommy's uncle and his girlfriend heard little squeaky sounds from their deck. They saw what they thought was a tiny kitten. Unable to get close, they started setting food out.




Over the course of a few weeks, they brought the kitty closer to the house with the food until one day...she came in! What they thought was a tiny kitten, was actually a starving cat of a little over 1 pound!!!




Now, big softies they are (mommy loves Tony & Connie lots) KeKee has the run of the house and rules the roost with an iron paw! How can you deny those eyes?



Why "KeKee?" Because when mommy's uncle would call her early in the morning for food, he didn't want to wake the neighbors so he shortened "Here Kitty Kitty" to KeKee.
What a little sweetie!




Stay tuned for the introduction of Echo, the floofy kitty my grandma and grandpa rescued a couple of weeks ago. He is a big sweetie!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

that's a cutie rite there! how old is KeKee? those are sum purrty stripes. KeKee got sum good people an a great home. that makes us furry happy!

how's yur momma doin'?

Jake and Bathsheba said...

Oh, she's certainly pretty. She knew just whose deck to pick! We're glad she found a loving home.

~J&B

Anonymous said...

Hey,what a cute name!!kee kee.
Hope she is fine now? And you too can check out this post on kitty-drollery . I hope u'll like it..

Millie said...

Keekee sure is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

Wow, she's a hottie! She looks like me!

Hot(M)BC said...

Oh lucky KeKee to find such good beans. She's furry purrty wif those neat stripes!
Purrrrrrrrrrrrrs!

Anonymous said...

Kekee is a very purrty kitty! I am glad she is no longer a feral!

muffinmidi said...

Hi Mr. Hendrix,
I really appreciate your visiting my blog. You obviously have a very nice family. My Mommy and yours would probably get along. My family rescued me when a neighbor couldn't keep me anymore. Before that I had been dumped by my first family. A grown kitty never gets over being dumped.

muffinmidi said...

Mr. Hendrix,
I'd like to post a picture, but Mommy doesn't know how. We don"t have a scanner or a digtal camera. We've only been blogging for a little while. We'd also like to do links and and a counter, but we don"t know how.

Tommy and Teaghan said...

What a loverly name KeKee. Yur stripes are so distinctive too. Did you join the attack of the tabbies blog?

Anonymous said...

She's cute!!!

You sure have a nice extended family Mr Hendrix, with all those humans volunteering to become servants to kitties who find themselves without staff or homes.

Purrs to them all for being such good humans!

Just Ducky said...

KeKee is a furry purrty kittie. So happy he has a nice home now.

Susie said...

KeKee is a cutie!

Anonymous said...

KeKee is so adorable! And it's kind of you to share your home and give her a chance to be happy too.