Thirteen reasons why I'm glad mommy works from home 2-3 days a week.
1. On days like this when it isn't freezing and the sun is out and the birds are at the feeders, mommy will open the window.
2. I get to nap next to her when she works on her laptop on the sofa (with her bad back she alternates between the kitchen table and couch).
3. Nap time. Whenever she is home she tries to take a 1/2 hour nap on the couch with me. That means she covers up with an afghan so I can lay on her legs and sleep.
4. Mommy usually gets up at "regular time" (7:45am) and since she doesn't have to do what is left (heh heh heh) of her hair or "really do" her make-up, the morning time is play time.
5. The few days she sleeps in until 9. I'll let her give me my morning stinky late on a cold winter day for extra snuggles on a warm bed.
6. She does the marketing for a store that sells wild bird supplies so I get to learn all about my feathered friends.
a chickadee under my "scratching post" window
7. When she gets up regular time, more fun stuff gets done like repotting my catnip plant so it keeps growing and growing and FINALLY planting me more cat grass (the "empty pot)
8. She scoops in the morning those days instead of at night so I have a clean box all day.
9. I often get to have my Science Diet TD treats when she takes a lunch break.
10. Watching mommy take a break to dance with Ellen.
11. Watching something other than Little House on the Prairie. I love it, but lets face it, I've seen them all a hundred times.
12. Mommy always keeps food in the feeders, especially during the cold winter months. We have 14 feeders and 2 heated birdbaths. She also has a pretty one that we only put out when it isn't frosty. On the day she is home, she puts some seeds right by the windows I sit in and extra peanuts for the squirrels and blue jays on the deck rail (we have a blue jay feeder that the squirrels and jays share, but mommy can see the deck rail from the sofa so she puts nuts there).
a cardinal on one of our platform feeders
13. Having her around. It may not be Mancatly, but I like having company, even if I'm not wanting pets. Mommy talks to me during the day and I like having her home.