1/21/2007

A White Themed Midnight Monday (with fev-vers)

Hi all! Well, winter has finally arrived here. It has been an unusually warm winter so far, but the last few days have been really cold. When we woke up this morning...Snow!
Now, Mommy has 8 bird feeders, yes 8 bird feeders and two heated bird baths I can see from my window. She & I can't pick a favorite bird, but we can pick our least favorite. In the early morning, purty songbirds filled the feeders getting all they needed....then, those "d*mn starlings" found us. The chased all our songbirds away and emptied the feeders TWICE!!! Mommy doesn't care about the food part, just the bullying part.
We'll post pictures of them later because mommy took them on her film camera (better zoom feature) and we wanted to show you these now.

Me seeing snow for the first time in a looooooooong time. I'm thinking "what the????"

oooooooooo see the Cardinal flying in from the left side of the photo and the dove taking off from the pole??

Finches on the feeders and in the burning bush.

Me licking my paws clean. Mommy thinks I must've been preparing for a starling feast...

17 comments:

Puss-in-Boots said...

Mr Hendrix, you are a very handsome cat and worthy of your name.

Come over and visit me anytime. I would love to see you.

Purrs

Oscar

Justin said...

Hi, nice photos you have posted here. its a pretty long time that I am here. Don't mind was a bit busy with new friends. wanna see them..

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Great photos! You are so lucky to have so many birdfeeders to watch! My humans put out some bird food for the birds, but we've had no takers, probably because it's been such a warm winter so far, so they have other sources of food.

I can see the cardinal in the one photo! Very cool. :) Enjoy watching the birdies - it's one of my favourite pass-times. :)

Daisy said...

Those birds sure look fun to watch! Mr. Hendrix, are you winking at us? You are very handsome. I don't like the birds called grackles. They are mean.

LZ said...

Oooh, can I come over later for the feast? We have snow here too but we don't have bird feeders or baths. They like to hang out in our ginormous holly bush so I do get to see them sometimes.

Latte

Madness, Trouble, Squish and Milkbone said...

Wow it must be so much fun watching the birdies.

Merlin said...

I like snow. I think. I've only seen it like once. But I think I liked it.

YOu do look like you're gettin' ready for a yummy snack.

Fev-vers!

Susie said...

They do look like tasty snacks!

Angel Junior, Orion and Sammy said...

A starling feast sounds good to me! Mind if I join you?

Just Ducky said...

Wow, we don't have those starlings here. The birdies that tend to hog things here are the mourning doves.

I likes it when the fevvers all come to eat and visit.

Anonymous said...

we been tryin' ta be nice kitties an see the fev-vers as our furrends, but if yur gonna eat sum starlings, well, we want in on it.

Kitikata-san said...

You are so lucky to see birds! I gotta ask my humans to get me a bird feeder too. I love looking at birds and squirrels.

The M's said...

We don't like the starlings eifer. Mommie won't refill the feeders if the starilings are round.

Tara said...

Those bird feeders look fun... but not the fluffly white frozen water...looks cold!

Piggy and Grover said...

So nice to see what you get to see out your window! Will you invite us over to help you eat the birds? We'll bring the stuffing!

KC and the Giggleman Kitties said...

What beautiful pictures. Looks like a winterwonderland.

And you, Mr. Hendrix, look all snuggly and safe in the warm house.

Unknown said...

What great photos! We really llike that first one of you in the window with the snow in the background! -- Alberta, Sky, Blackie, Charlie and Maggie Fu