5/07/2007

Magazine Monday

Hi! We wanted to tell you about a really cool Better Homes and Garden Special Interest Publication called "Nature's Garden." Mommy bought the first one in March and the second just came out mid-April. It has great (an inexpensive) suggestions for gardening organically and gardening for your area. It has great tips to plant and maintain your garden safely for the environment and wildlife. It has something for everyone. It tells how to attract birdies, butterflies and dragonflies to your garden too!
Mommy emailed the editor and he said they are only scheduled to publish these 2 issues. If they sell well, they will become available for subscriptions. Mommy can't say enough good things about this magazine. If you're interested, mommy found hers at the local grocery store (we're sure book stores will have them).

We had an interesting weekend. Mommy has been working 6 days a week and with her back and headaches it has been hard. She is scheduled for some cortizone shots in her back Wednesday. Anyway, you know how when your beans are tired they bump into stuff and bruise themselves? Well my mommy had a "freak litter box accident" Friday night. She was getting ready to scoop my box (I have her well trained, I get scooped once or twice a day) and when she went to flip the top off, she bent her fingernail back until it bled! She shouted some awfully dirty words and kinda flopped down on her butt, both actions startling me. I ran from the room. But, in the end I win. Mommy came down to get a band aid and felt so bad for scaring me I got....extra stinky goodness!

14 comments:

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Sory to hear about your mom's back problems. :( I hope the cortisone helps. My mom broke a vertebra in her back years ago, but fortunately it doesn't bother her anymore.

Yay for extra stinky goodness, but boo for your mom hurting herself.

That magazine sounds interesting. Unfortunately, both of my humans have "black thumbs" and couldn't grow a plant if their lives depended on it.

Daisy said...

My Mommie says getting your fingernail bent back is horrible, and she got shivers thinking about it! My claw has never bent backwards before though.

I hope your Mommie's feels beter soon. And I hope you keep getting extra stinky goodness, too!

Unknown said...

Hendrix, we hope you gave your mommy cuddles though to help her finger feel better.

stinky goodness is good too!

Around Your Wrist said...

stinky goodness for scaring you is a good thing! how nice that she's so considerate.

bending back fingernails until the skin breaks and bleeds is painful, and it gets infected really fast. at night, washes her finger well and then fills the area under the nail with neosporin (or some such). it heals much faster!

love
--suz

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Oh no, is her finger so hurt she won't be abul to open da food cans!?! Oh wate, she alreddy gave yoo stinky goodness fur scaring yoo. Hmm, our mom only sez sorry and skritches us when she scares us. We need to gif her more training we think. Hope yoor mom's finger heals good and fast.

Kimo and Sabi said...

Yer momma gets hurt, but you gets da treats?! Dat's a good trick!

The Crew said...

Your box gets scooped twice in one day!

Our Mom has had 2 shots in her back for a herniated disc, but each one only gave her 2 weeks worth of pain relief.

Oscar the Puppy Cat said...

I sure hope your Mommy is feeling better. My Mommy does that to her nails, too. She says that it hurts like a Mother F-OSCAR DON'T YOU DARE SAY WHAT I THINK YOU'RE ABOUT TO SAY!!!!! Frog, a Mother Frog. Yeah, that's it! It hurts like a, Oh I give up!

Kim here. There is a book your Mommy might like called "Gifts From Nature." It was written a few years ago by a guy named Mathew Mead. It is great book if you're into nature and it's beauty!

Parker said...

Ouch! My Mommy would have said bad words too!

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Ouch! your poor mommie. I hope she feels better.... and her back too. Oh my poor poor lady. Take good care of her. I know you will. we love our mommies.

<3

Ivan from WMD said...

Eeek, that fingernail story made my tummy feel all weird! Did you mommy put a Hello Kitty band aid on it? Ha ha ha ha!

Gosh, now my mom is going to have to look for that magazine. She loves those things. Then she looks at our back yard and gets instantly exhausted.

MaoMao said...

Awww, I'm sorry your momma has ouchies in her back! Tell her I send purrs. And what an owie with her fingernail! No wonder she said wirty durds.

Glad you got extra stinky goodness, though!

Kittyhugs and purrs from MaoMao!

Forty Paws said...

Wow. You've got your mom very well trained. We're so sorry to hear about your mom's back problems. We knew about her headaches. We don't know how she works 6 days a week with all that pain.

Luf, Us

Jake and Bathsheba said...

We hope your mom is feeling better. It's hard to recover when you have to work so much.

Our mom and dad love to garden and they use lots of native plants and attract a wonderland of birds, butterflies, insects, and creatures. Come visit our blog to see some of our spring garden photos.

~J&B