5/10/2007

Thursday Thirteen - Why I like when mommy gets shot

Mommy got her shots yesterday. She gets 3 shots total, one in her SI joint, one in her Perry-A-Formis Muscle and one in her hip joint. When people ask how she feels, she says like I got 3 shots in my a#s. Sometimes are better than others 'cause sometimes she gets numbness and muscle spasms. I don't like it at all that she hurts, but I do like having her home, and unable to clean! She is home again today 'cause her leg is weak and sore and with her pain meds & pain she didn't feel safe driving to hunt and gather.

Here are 13 reasons why I like it when mommy gets her shots.

1. Open windows in the middle of the day in the middle of the week.
2. Lotsa extra snuggle time on the sofa.
3. Mommy lets me go tely-port over to see Brandi sos I don't have to sneak out.
4. She gives me lotsa chin scritches
5. She can't chase me around with the flashy box taking pictures of my being cute.
6. Doctor's orders say she can't clean or run the vaccum or do laundry so the whole day is about us!
7. When she can sit (today will be better than yesterday) she works on the scrapbook she makes all about ME and I snoopervise.
8. Usually I watch Hallmark channel during the day when my beans are hunting and gathering. Although I love my Little House reruns, I'm not a big Matlock fan. Mommy turns that off and we watch a movie or catch up on DVR stuff. Today will be "Thank God You're Here" which is opposite Bones (mommy thinks he is dreamy...) so we'll be laffin' and laffin' as JH would say.
9. After mommy lays down for a while, we'll get to catch up on blogging friends (she can't sit for a long time right now...)
10. Daddy spends lotsa extra play time with me when he gets home 'cause mommy can't do it during the day.
11. I, I mean Bendrix, gets away with a lot more jumping up on stuff and scratching 'cause mommy "doesn't feel like" yelling at us.
12. I get my mail right away. Like my beautiful pink card from Sweet Lilly Lu along with great pictures of her and Mu Shue.
13. It makes her more sympathetic when I have to get my shots (I'm due next month...)

We're so sad for TeaCup's family. This was not the news we hoped to read when we checked the news page. He and his family are in our thoughts and prayers.

21 comments:

Unknown said...

That title is very, very deceiving...God job! It makes one read further!

Daisy said...

Well, I am sorry that your Mommy is hurty, but the "side effects" sound very good. Lots of extra snuggle time, woohooo! And you are very lucky to get your very own scrapbook.

I am very sad about sweet little TeaCup, too.

Forty Paws said...

Owweee. That sounds very painful. None of us likes shots. We are sorry your mommy gets all those shots in her a@@, but we guess you enjoy it somewhat.

So Bendrix. I Obi, have tagged you for a meme. If your Mommy's butt can handle it, stop by our blog and get the rules.

Luf, Obi

Samantha & Mom said...

It's always nice when mommies have to take it easy. They spend much more time with us. Your list is wonderful.

We are so sad about Teacup. Our purrs and prays are with them.

Samantha, Tigger and Mom

Phoebe said...

It definitely sounds like there are "pros" and "cons" to having those shots. It sounds like she should keep having them, because the good things outweigh the bad.

Dragonheart, Merlin, Devi, and Chloe said...

Your mom's shots don't sound very nice. :( I hope she feels better soon! I guess there are some positive side effects for you, though, Hendrix.

Zippy, Sadie, Speedy and M'Gee said...

Yoor poor mom, lucky yoo! We were worried about yoor title too, we thot yoo liked to see yer mom get "shot"! The side effects sound good tho, we like haffing mom here alla time, mostly. We'z sad bout Tea Cup, we'll be thinking bout his beans and hoping dey are well.

Hot(M)BC said...

Maybe your mommy should try doin all that wifout hafin to get shot first. We recommends it.
Purrrrrrs!

ANGEL ABBYGRACE said...

Very good TT today Mr. Hendrix. I am sorry your Mommy is not feeling good but glad she is home with you. I know you can make her feel so much better.

Abby

The Furry Kids said...

We're sorry your mom's hurty right now and we hope she feels better soon. But I really think you're lucking out. That is a great list of fun things you get to do when she's home.

We're sad about TeaCup, too. We hope Megan's doing ok.

Love,
Titus, Tazo, & EG

HRH Yao-Lin said...

Sorry to hear your human is so poorly but truthfully, it has worked out well for you! Extra attention is always a good thing in cat terms!

I have tagged you, details on my blog xx

Rosemary B❤️ said...

We are so glad you get to be with your mommie today and take care of her.

we will go visit TeaCups blog now...
Oh my... so so sad

Parker said...

Always great to get extra time with Mommy, I'm sorry she hurts, but I'm happy you get to love on her! It is so very sad about TeaCup! We've had leaky eyes all day.

Tink said...

I'm sure your mommy is very happy to have you when she's hurting!
My TT lists my favourite food / snacks.

TheSlyCat said...

TAGGED!!! Check my blog for details:)

muffinmidi said...

You've been tagged See my blog for details.

Shilgiah the Cat said...

Hi Mr. Hendrix,
Those are thirteen really nice things about having your mom home. So great to have your mom at home in the middle of the week to nap and snuggle. To bad she has to get shots. Tommy and I really hate shots.

Thanks for stopping by to visit my blog. Hope it's o.k. that I added your blog to my blog friends links...and I hope your mom feels unhurty soon.

Kimo and Sabi said...

Well, at least she understands what it's like to get stuck like a pig at the V-E-T's office!

Ivan from WMD said...

I hope your mommy feels better, but it's fun to have her home, isn't it?

I've tagged you! Come by my blog to see.

Rosemary B❤️ said...

Hi Hendrix... yeah, we tagged you to do the 7 things... take your time... have a great week-end

Christine and FAZ said...

I can see there are good things and bad things about these shots. FAZ